The Moon travels into dramatic Scorpio and the 6th House of health and employment at 2:29 AM PDT on 10 July 2019, remaining there until it moves into Sagittarius at 8:05 AM PDT on the 12th. We may be preoccupied with health concerns, spiritual/physical/emotional, over the next few days. While Mercury is in retrograde, stay centered and try to avoid drama, sometimes a tall order for a Scorpio influence. The chart is below:
- Mode/Quality — Cardinal and Fixed qualities provide the strongest influence suggesting energies that are both stable and initiating.
- Element — Fire, Earth, and Air are essentially in balance with Water and our emotions the strongest presence.
- Rays — 1st (Will/power), 3rd (Active intelligence), 5th (Concrete knowledge/science), and 7th (Ceremonial order/magick) provide the strongest Ray influences indicating an active and organized thought process.
- Sign — Cancer and Capricorn continue their strong influence integrating compassion with discipline and responsibility.
- House — 3rd (communication), and 9th (higher education, religion) provide the strongest House influences. Allow Spirit to inform perception and choice.
Aspects of the Moon
- Square Mercury — retrograde — Orb 4°13′ Applying — With Elemental Water strong, the Moon square Mercury suggests our emotions are at odds with our intellect and we may have difficulty making decisions and compromising with others. Trust your intuition and double-check everything.
- Square Mars — Orb 5°21 Applying — with the Moon in Scorpio, the square with Mars may foster the very drama we need to avoid. Remember that you get what you give.
- Opposition Uranus — Orb 6°10′ Applying — this opposition suggests that we’re uncomfortable with varied emotions preferring a less volatile experience.
- Retrograde — Ceres (issues of self-nurturing), Jupiter (inward focus), Pluto (dealing with karmic debt), and Saturn (revisit old issues, inward discipline), Neptune (a focus on the spiritual versus the mundane, remain in observer/Higher Self mode), Mercury (disruptions in thinking, plans, electronics).
- Lunar Phase — First Quarter (90 to 135 degrees ahead of the Sun)
Aspects of the Moon
The Scorpio influence involves drama and an extremely intense focus. Attention to detail can be helpful during this current Mercury retrograde as can a more solitary experience. With the Moon in Scorpio, compassion for others may suffer particularly if volatile emotions are involved.
Martial influence won’t help our interactions with others unless we can avoid judgment. But the Ray influence should assist giving us the will power to rise above pettiness to take a more objective approach. Additional retrograde planets will either help or hinder our efforts. Neptune’s retrograde influence may offer the most important message: allow Spirit to inform perception.
Witches are the universe’s most prolific activists. We stand up when others do not and use methods others in the mundane world cannot begin to fathom. We’re a varied bunch but irrespective of our traditions, we’re nothing short of effective when we cast the intention to protect the vulnerable from harm.
And this is where we find ourselves today.
There are families on the border who need our protection and our blessing. The situation is dire, my witch family, as new reports surfaced today alleging the sexual assault of a young teenaged migrant girl by a bearded border patrol officer.
The victims of the predator Epstein need our help as well. They need our strength and protection to carry them through the coming months as more victims come forward to finally speak their truth.
But before our work is complete, we must turn our attention to the cause of the pain and cast the intention that clarity and justice return. The deception that has clouded the picture must be banished so that we’re left with clear sight. Without that clarity and truth, justice will never prevail.
A witch lives by an inner code of ethics, one that is blessed by the Goddess, and we cannot stand by while those who need us suffer. Enough is enough, my witch family. Enough is enough.
I will leave it up to each one of you to determine your working for each one knows what needs to be done.
Cast your intention to the collective consciousness and together we will be the strength, the blessing, the foundation, the succor, for all those left wanting, for all those abused, and for all those who have survived.
The situation is dire. And it’s up to us.
Originally published at https://www.imsteppingaside.com on July 10, 2019.