The Moon travels into dynamic and action-oriented Aries and the 1st House of self and identity at 3:24 AM PDT on 1 May 2019. Independence and the willingness to meet challenges foster leadership qualities during this lunar period. Allow for some quiet time if life becomes too chaotic but try to remain emotionally available to those in need. The chart is below:
- Mode ~ As we move into May, active and initiating Cardinal energies dominate.
- Element ~ In alignment with Cardinal energies, Fire or our will provides the strongest influence followed by Earth and practical matters. We’re motivated during this lunar period to accomplish new goals and objectives. With Air in a weakened state, we may lack objectivity.
- Ray ~ 1st (Will/Power) and 7th (Ceremonial Order and Magick) are strongest.
- Sign ~ Aries continues its dominance over the other signs indicating courage, assertiveness, and inspiration. Guard against a lack of impulse control.
- House ~ With Aries dominating the signs, the 1st House of identity and personality is an understandable influence as is the 2nd House of resources and possessions.
- Quadrants ~ 1st quadrant involving independence and organization provides the strongest influence.
- Retrograde ~ Ceres at 14° Sag affecting nurturing self and others; Jupiter on 4/10 at 24° Sag fostering an inward focus; Pluto at 23° Cap reinforcing Jupiters inward, reflective focus; Saturn at 20° Cap suggesting that we review the foundational aspects of our lives, particularly relationships.
- Lunar Phase ~ Balsamic, waning
Chiron is the only real aspect today, however, a Yod forms tomorrow between Ceres, Pallas, and the Sun. Looking at Chiron first, a conjunct (Orb 04° 03′ Applying) with the wounded healer suggests that this lunar period provides space for emotional healing. Watch for and appreciate any synchronicities that may arise.
Also known as the Finger of God, the Yod on the 2nd suggests a Source or Higher Self-driven life direction. The aspect pattern itself is comprised by two quincunx (inconjunct) relationships and one that is in sextile. In this Yod, Pallas and Ceres are sextile each other but are each in quincunx with the Sun, with the Sun as the focal point. The Sun quincunx Ceres (in retrograde) suggests that a difficult relationship with mother might influence our success by motivating us to rise above any questionable influences a mother influence may have had. The quincunx with Pallas suggests issues with the warrior within. Are we comfortable with expressions of authority and leadership? Are we able to reason effectively?
The Goddesses are challenging the Sun to reassess our motivations. Are we living in reaction to influences that are no longer active in our life? Or are they active only because we’re focusing on them? Chiron should provide some help with that inner dialogue, assisting us to let go of the past and to stand fully in the present and in our own power.
All days during this transit are excellent for magickal workings that include communication and inner work. As the Moon is currently waning, magicks of decrease are favored and with Jupiter in retrograde, again, inner work is favored particularly for workings involving ambition and achieving goals. The witch should be aware that Alnath, the 1st Mansion of the Moon, promotes travel and conflict with others and given that Elemental Fire is dominating, care should be taken if using this Mansion. Albochan on the following day may provide a more stable influence.
As a Libran, Aries energy is my complement. I like the motivation it gives me and when it’s active, I accomplish a ton of work. However, impulse control is also a factor when Aries energy is high, and it’s easy to have a single-minded focus. With Chiron’s influence, although we may be inclined to look past the needs of others given our heightened energy, we need to create the space for others should our support be needed.
Until next time…
Originally published at https://www.imsteppingaside.com on May 1, 2019.